Welcome to Douglas Creative Arts & Science Magnet Elementary School!
It's Teacher Appreciation Week!
- Monday - Send a note of thanks from your child letting their teacher know just how much they are appreciated and loved.
- Tuesday - Send a small 'sweet' treat in to your teacher.
- Wednesday - The PTA will treat the teachers to a wonderful lunch. Ask your student to send them off to lunch with a big hug!
- Thursday - Send a healthy pre-wrapped snack or piece of fruit.
- Friday - Send a flower as a gesture to make a beautiful bouquet.
SSA Single Subject Acceleration...Deadline: May 4th at 5:00pm.
Learn About Home Base Here....
New Student Day is on May 24th!
9:15am - 10:15am
All new students for the 2016-2017 school year are invited to come have a morning of fun meeting new friends and being engaged in fun activities.
K Orientation - Parents will have a chance to ask questions, meet the K teachers and learn more about the Kindergarten curriculum.
1st - 5th grade parents will have a chance to ask questions, meet members of the PTA and learn about upcoming events for next school year.
We are ONE of the TOP FIVE 2016 Magnet Schools of Excellence in the NATION!!!
Hands On Science Lab...Making Science a Real World Experience!
It's Time for KINDERGARTEN Registration!!!
***Children must turn 5 years old on or before August 31, 2016 to start Kindergarten in 2016.
Items to bring to registration:
* Parent photo identification
* Certified copy of child's birth certificate (must be age 5 on or before 8/31/16)
* Immunization record
* Proof of residence - must be a recent water, gas, electric bill or lease agreement or contract on home
* Any custody documents
* To be in compliance with North Carolina Law( G.S.130A-155) , all students entering kindergarten must have a completed health assessment and immunization record on file within the first 30 days of school.
What does it mean to be an A+ school?
Watch and Enjoy!
Through Arts Integration learning, children become creators, collaborators, communicators and critical thinkers. We prepare students for the future by opening up the world to them by enriching the academics through art. This is 21st Century Learning!
Creative ARTs Integration at Douglas!
Upcoming Events at Douglas
Dragoneer Newsletter (published every 2 weeks to keep you updated on what's happening at Douglas!)
(This is required for volunteers who would like to chaperone field trips)
You may register in the Media Center any day that WCPSS schools are open - even on teacher workdays. :-)